Monday, January 03, 2005

The World of Blogs

Whoever came up with the idea of creating blogs was a genius who probably never saw this coming. Now, millions of people read blogs and many also write their own. I myself discovered this medium in just the past year and love it as a source of news, stories, humor, and more and now have my own outlet to the world through my own blog. But, what really surprised me in this article is the fact that only 38 percent of Americans know what a blog is. For many months, I figured that, since they were such a large part of my life, everyone else must have at least briefly heard of them. It wasn't until I started my own blog last month and started telling a few of my friends about it that I found that there are many people out their who have no clue what a blog is. When I would say, "Guess what! I have my own blog now," I received a series of puzzled looks. They would then say, "What is a blog?" This boggled my mind completely, and, after I described it, they still seemed completely oblivious to what it was. Thus, they did not really share my excitement and the topic of the conversation would quickly change. Oh well. There will probably be a further explosion in store for the wide, wide world of the blogosphere and that world as it exists today is probably only a small taste of what is to come.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Yes, jc, you have my permission to link to my blog.

Becky said...

Somebody commented on my blog! Thanx, jc!;)