Thursday, August 16, 2007

Reeeassons

There are so many times when I wonder "why me?" or "why now?". I am of the opinion, though, that nothing happens that does not have a reason. We do not know at the time what that reason may be and, in fact, we may never know, but, nevertheless, there is one. When I have an experience that makes me want to just crawl into bed, cry uncontrollably, and pity myself like there is no tomorrow, I have to remind myself that there is a reason and I do not have to live in a hopeless state. When I lose a loved one for seemingly no reason, when I make a decision that seems to be completely wrong at the time, or whenever life seems to fall down around me, it definitely helps to know that life is not just a pointless random sequence of events but rather a meaningful story with many minor characters and plots along the way that are all woven together into one beautiful, if not sometimes tragic, tale, much like a Charles Dickens novel. Who is there who can say that the experiences that seem tragic right now will not make them stronger and able to live life to the fullest in the future or to help someone in a way for which only that experience would equip them. I find myself looking back at some of the more difficult times of my life thus far and seeing that, as bad as they were, good did come from them in the end. There are still many times that I look back on and wonder "why?", but I have to be content with the fact that I may never, and probably will not ever, know the answer.

No comments: