Wednesday, October 26, 2005

King Tut Drank Red Wine, You Should, Too!

Wow, what a discovery. You know, it would make perfect sense for the wine he drank to be red, especially if the grapes that were used to make the wine were red. To me, red wine seems much more natural than white. I mean, how often do you see clear, white grapes? I suppose it must come from the green grapes, but still. (Can you imagine drinking green wine? Yuck!) As you can tell I am in no way a wine connoisseur and can hardly stand the stuff. By the way, King Tut died unnaturally young, which means that drinking red wine may not be that great of an idea after all.

Update 10/15/09:  I feel as though I should amend this post since most of what it claims is no longer true for me.  I have actually developed quite a penchant for wine and enjoy both the red and white varieties.  It was just an acquired taste, I suppose.  I'm glad I can feel a connection with King Tut now in our common enjoyment of wine.  Who knew that I would have so much in common with an Ancient Egyptian Pharoh?

No comments: