Thursday, May 05, 2005

"That Does Absolutely Nothing For Me"

I do not know what it was about this song, but, according to everyone that I have talked to thus far about the movie The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, it is the best part of the movie. It is not that the movie was all that bad (although it did not live up to my expectations), it was just an incredibly cute song sung by the earth's dolphins as a farewell to us ignorant human beings who are unaware of our planet's impending destruction. Our cluelessness may be due in part to the fact that, according to the movie, we are not the most intelligent creatures on Earth as is commonly assumed, but instead rank third when it comes to brain power. We take that position behind dolphins, ranking at number two, and the top intellects [spoiler warning] white mice, who have in fact been performing experiments on us all these years instead of the other way around. It was an interesting and funny movie, and Marvin the robot was great, but I don't think that I would go out of my way to see it again anytime soon.

By the way, did anyone notice anything interesting about today's date? Other than being el Cinco de Mayo, it is also, (drumroll) 05/05/05! Just thought that I would share that interesting tidbit of useless information with everyone. I bet you are now on the edge of your seat waiting for the clock to change to the wondrous time of 5:55:55! Exciting, isn't it?

1 comment:

muchacho said...

You can see my thoughts on the movie here
(third paragraph plz):
Wholly Remarkable